Stay with Andaraunder the "Phuket Sandbox” Scheme
Starting from 01 July 2021 onwards, Phuket will be the first destination in Thailand to welcome back international travelers without quarantine requirement under the “Phuket Sandbox” scheme.
Phuket Sandbox Frequently Asked Questions
What is the “Phuket Sandbox” scheme?
Proposed by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, “Phuket Sandbox” scheme is touted as a model for the reopening of Thailand’s tourism industry as a whole.
Who is allowed to enter Phuket under the “Phuket Sandbox” scheme?
International Travelers who have been fully vaccinated for more than 14 days but no more than one year prior to their visit, and they must enter Phuket from low-to-moderate risk countries as announced by the Public Health Ministry of Thailand.
Unvaccinated children between 6 and 18 years old will have to undergo Covid-19 testing upon arrival at Phuket airport while unvaccinated children aged under 6 years old can be allowed to enter Phuket with their fully vaccinated parents
What are the requirements under the “Phuket Sandbox” scheme?
FOR THE MOST UPDATED DETAILS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR LOCAL THAI CONSULATE FOR TRAVEL DETAILS BASED ON YOUR COUNTRY
International Travelers must present their vaccination certificates from their departing countries and the vaccines they have received must be approved by Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration or approved for emergency use by the WHO (Approved vaccines: BioNTech-Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson, Sinopharm, Sinovac)
Travelers must also stay at the hotels that are Safety & Health Administration Plus (SHA PLUS) rewarded and they will be required to install a contact tracing mobile phone application called “Thailand Plus” for the local authorities to track their health conditions during their visit in Phuket.
Additionally they will be required to undergo further COVID-19 tests as required by the Public Health Ministry
What areas can the travelers visit?
Stay 14-night or shorter: International travelers are required to only remain in Phuket
Stay 14-night or longer: International travelers will be allowed to travel other destinations in Thailand
What is a SHA Plus Certificate?
All SHA certified businesses where a minimum of 70% of staff have been fully vaccinated, will be awarded The “Safety & Health Administration Plus” (SHA PLUS) hygiene standards certification by Amazing Thailand.
Andara Resort & Villas is among the first hotel businesses in Phuket being awarded The “Safety & Health Administration Plus” hygiene standards certification (SHA Plus) in June 2021 by Amazing Thailand, while 98% of our staffs are fully vaccinated.
Mandatory documents required to be presented on arrival:
1. Certificate of Entry
2. Vaccination certificate
3. Proof of reservation at a SHA Plus certified hotel
4. “Thailand Plus” Alert application downloaded to mobile phone
5. Covid-19 insurance covering the whole stay period in Thailand, coverage of minimum US$100,000 policy
Update as of 4 June, 2021, please consult with your local Thai Embassy for up to date requirements for travel from your country to Phuket. All terms are subject to change as per the Thai Government.
- Before 01 July 2021, all incoming international travelers must quarantine for 14 days in an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel or a quarantine facility approved by the Thai government
- Under the Phuket Sandbox scheme, Phuket will also reopen to Thai citizens who are already fully vaccinated
- For further details, including the list of “low-to-moderate risk countries” are yet to be announced by the Public Health Ministry of Thailand, but The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will regularly update the information on their website once it becomes available