Stay with Andaraunder the "Test & Go" Program
Thailand is OPEN! Phuket is now the first destination in Thailand to welcome back international travelers without quarantine requirements under Test & Go program, valid for all countries.
Visiting Phuket Frequently Asked Questions
Can I visit Phuket now without quarantine?
Yes! Phuket has been open for vaccinated international travellers under the “Test & Go” program.
What is the Test & Go program?
The Test & Go program are for those travellers who will not undergo quarantine, you will only need to be tested upon arrival and then can go to your hotel after receiving a negative result.
Those eligible for quarantine-free travel to Thailand include:
- A fully vaccinated traveller for at least 14 days prior to entering Thailand, see the approved list of vaccines
- Traveling by air or water
What documents do we need to prepare for the Test & Go program?
To prepare for the entry into Phuket, start by registering for the Thailand Pass.
Register for a Thailand Pass at https://tp.consular.go.th/ (as of 1 November 2021). Provide all the necessary details including uploading of required documents, then wait for confirmation QR code. This QR code will be scanned upon arrival in Thailand
To register for a Thailand Pass, you must include the following details prior to travelling:
- Obtain a Certificate of Vaccination for proof that you are a fully vaccinated traveller at least 14 days prior to arrival into Thailand, and must be from the approved list of vaccines
- Travelers with a history of COVID-19 infection who have recovered by medical treatment, and travellers who have received at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine after post-infection must have a certificate of COVID-19 recovery
- Children under 18 years of age are not required to be vaccinated as long as their parent or guardian is vaccinated and have a certificate of vaccination
- Negative result RT-PCR test, issued within 72 hours before the travel date
- If you have just recovered from COVID-19, provide a Certificate of Recovery to serve as proof that you have recovered from COVID-19 for at least 3 months
- Proof of COVID-19 insurance must have a minimum coverage of US$50,000
- Pre-paid Hotel booking at an SHA+ accommodation with SHA+ transport from HKT Phuket Airport to Andara Resort & Villas
- Visa (if required)
Do I need a travel visa?
It depends on your home country requirements, so please contact your local Thai Embassy or travel agent to determine if any additional visas are required.
Do I need to take a RT-PCR Test in Phuket?
Yes, you will be required undergo two RT-PCR tests, on day 1 of arrival, and Day 5
These tests are at the traveller’s expense.
Is Andara Resort and Villas SHA Plus certified?
You are required to stay in a SHA+ certified hotel or resort, and yes, Andara Resort and our facilities such as Andara Spa, Celebrity yacht, and SILK Restaurant are all SHA+ certified.
Can I stay in Phuket less than 7 nights?
You can stay in Phuket for less than 7 nights but must fly out of Phuket Airport to an international destination.
If you are staying more than 7 nights, you are able to travel to any domestic destination in Thailand, but please check to see if any local COVID-19 restrictions apply to that province.
What is a SHA Plus Certificate?
All SHA Plus certified businesses where a minimum of 70% of staff have been fully vaccinated, will be awarded The “Safety & Health Administration Plus” (SHA PLUS) hygiene standards certification by Amazing Thailand.
Andara Resort & Villas is among the first hotel businesses in Phuket being awarded The “Safety & Health Administration” hygiene standards certification (SHA) in August 2020 by Amazing Thailand, with almost 100% of our staff are fully vaccinated as of June 2021.
How do I stay safe?
Practice the D-M-H-T-T-A precautions:
D – Distancing, M – Mask wearing, H – Handwashing, T – Temperature check, T – Testing for COVID-19, and A – alert
I am not eligible for the Phuket Sandbox program, can I still come to Phuket?
Please visit Alternative Quarantine (Happy Quarantine) entry scheme for details.
For any further information or room reservation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +66 (0)76-338-777.
Remarks: Updated as of 25 January 2022, please consult with your local Thai Embassy for up to date requirements for travel from your country to Phuket. All terms are subject to change as per the Thai Government.
Still have questions? Visit the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) for the latest updates.