Andara Health & Safety – Shining Star Service Program
Covid-19 Policies UPDATED 1 JULY 2020
We hope you and your loved ones are well and safe. You are the reason we do what we do, and it is a pleasure to serve our guests and partners every day. At Andara Resort & Villas, the well-being and safety of our guests, team and community is at the centre of all priorities, without compromising our renowned personal services.
Our team has been reviewing the latest health and safety compliance standards together with our local and international health experts, creating our updated health and safety program, including stringent health protocols and safety measures throughout our guest journeys to ensure they are ready to explore Phuket with confidence. As always, your private paradise is enhanced by Andara’s modern Thai spaciously designed all-suite and private villa accommodations, expansive lush resort, and discreet service.
Andara’s Shining Star Service
Andara’s name itself stands for the ‘shining star’ of the Andaman Sea, with our guest in the centre of it all as we maintain the highest standards for personalised service and privacy.
Our Shining Star Service reflects your journey to Kamala Bay, focusing on the following areas:
- Personalised care and service by the Andara team, respectively social distancing while staying attentive and ready to assist our guests
- Enhanced sanitation standards throughout guest accommodations, public areas and back-of-house area
- Our partnership with Ecolab, the global leader in hygiene and infection prevention solutions, adapts the best practices to ensure a healthy and safe environment for our guests and team
- Staff training on rigorous cleaning techniques and proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Sanitising stations in all public areas available for guests and new mask and personal hand sanitiser amenities available to all guests upon request
Sanitisation and Safet
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding COVID-19 health and safety guidelines and local health departments and working with our partner Ecolab, a global recognized hygiene expert, to adjust and redevelop our existing safety and hygiene standards to the current situation ensuring a healthy and safe environment for our guests and teams.
We are in this together, and offering our guests the following enhancements to assist throughout the journey:
- Warm welcome by our employees, with alternate methods of check-in available (pre-arrival details, in room check-in)
- Welcome drink and sanitation amenities upon arrival
- Cleaning and disinfecting of your luggage upon arrival, before delivery to your suite or villa
Rooms & Amenities
- Our accommodations are cleaned and disinfected based on Andara’s protocols including accommodations closed for 48 hours between each guest’s stay
- Elevated cleaning and disinfection standards in which includes a hygiene welcome kit amenity (hand sanitizers in-room, masks upon request)
- Pool Villa guests enjoy private dining by your dedicated health and safety trained personal villa chef and villa attendant. Each pool villa is entirely private, and our staff is happy to arrange grocery shopping services should you wish to not visit markets during your holiday
- Each of our Suite accommodations feature a fully equipped kitchen should you wish to cook in the comfort of your suite, with grocery shopping and private chef services at a surcharge
Fitness Centre, Resort Pool & Andara Spa
- Keep up your immune system and fitness levels up and train in our gym with a wide range of cardio and weight equipment
- Throughout the Fitness Centre, including our yoga studio, changing room and shower areas, social distancing measures are implemented, with rigorous cleaning and disinfection protocols
- Andara Spa will have enhanced hygiene and cleaning processes in place, without compromising the peaceful, relaxing atmosphere
- The resort large scale pool usage is spaciously laid out to enjoy social distancing, or simply enjoy your private pool in most suite types and all pool villas for your convenience
Andara Star Team
- The health and safety of our team members is at the forefront, with wellness checks and mandatory personal protective equipment per local guidelines enforced
- Daily temperature taken for all visitors and team members
- Head of department team leads to implement and oversee all new standards, processes and trainings
- All team members undergo mandatory health and safety training to ensure a safe work environment
Restaurant & Bars
- Respectively relax and indulge on Andara’s award winning dining options, with the recommended social distancing between all guests maintained
- Made-to-order breakfast options to start your day, lunch or dinner within a well ventilated, air-conditioned space or enjoy al fresco dining poolside or on our outdoor terrace
- Frequent & scheduled sanitisation protocol is followed at SILK Restaurant & Bar and its public areas
- Please note: SILK Restaurant and Bar is closed as of April 2020, with opening date to be announced soon
We have also updated our reservation and cancellation policy to provide you with more flexibility and assurance, including:
- Free change of date for confirmed bookings, up to 72 hours prior to arrival for stays on or before 23 December 2020; date changes subject to availability and may result in rate changes
- 100% refund for cancellations for refundable and non-refundable bookings for stay dates from April 2020 through 23 December 2020 For any questions or further enquiries, please contact us [email protected].
Please check back on our website for further updates, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Andara. For any questions or further inquiries, please contact us [email protected].
Thank you for your continued trust, loyalty and patience and stay healthy and safe.
General Manager, Andara Resort & Villas