Andara Resort and Villas Co., Ltd. including our affiliates (“Andara”, “we”, or “our”), respects and acknowledge the importance of privacy and our guests, and strictly follows security policies when we collect, process, use, disclose and or transfer their personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) and all applicable subsequent regulations.
Andara safeguards all information provided by our Customers and Website users (“Users”). We do not collect any personally identifiable information (“PII”) from Users during their browsing of our Website. When Users visit our Website, we record their visit only as a ‘hit’ and do not collect any PII from them. We will however make a record of the visit that shows only the domain name server (DNS) address, part of their e-mail address, and of the pages visited. We use such information only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our web sites.
If PII are collected in the process of making enquires or submitting applications for services provided by different operations within Andara, Users will be informed via the Personal Information Collection Statement of our websites of such purposes and uses, including the extent of their transfer and disclosure; and the right of access to and correction of the collected PII.
In order to access certain features, services, and content access, for example, account registration and reservations, you may be asked to provide personal information such as your name, surname, phone numbers including mobile number, date and place of birth, gender, postal address, e-mail address, work contact details, business title, government-issued identification such as a passport, visa information, credit card information, hotel stay details along with any personal preferences, and other personal information.
Guest information will be recorded in our systems where you have stayed, the dates of arrival and departure, any notes regarding your service preferences.
When you purchase services and products from us, your payment information from credit, debit or other card types, including card number, expiration date, and address may be collected by us and/or third-party payment processors.
Information that you provide us directly or indirectly can be through, for example, surveys and other promotions relating to our services, interaction with customer service and signing up to receive newsletters and other services and/or third-party products or services.
Your Information helps us to provide you with a better or more personalised level of service, including information and services from a third party;
Your Personal Information may also be used to:
- provide and charge for hotel accommodation and other goods and services
- respond to your requests for information and services including services from a third party
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements such as travel agents and employers
- conduct market research, customer satisfaction surveys, and marketing and sales promotions
- administer general record keeping
- meet legal and regulatory requirements
- test and evaluate new products and services
- send you marketing, promotional, emails, message and other correspondence and notifications regarding the services and the services of third party we believe that may be of interest to you
- assist with the detection and prevention of fraud or infringement of our or and/or any third party’s rights
- establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service
- respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our product or services or those of other member hotels
- To enforce other terms and conditions
- Under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence
- To comply with legal process
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
- To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain
In addition, our services may include features that rely on the use of information stored on, or made available through, your mobile device.
- Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with services that we provide.
- Personal information may be shared within our company so that we can better provide services to you.
- Limited personal information will be shared with third-parties involved in supplying guest services that guests have purchased to the extent necessary for the third-party to provide the service.
- Personal information may be shared with third-parties retained by us to perform functions on our behalf such as reservation handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys and/or research in order to improve the quality of our products and services.
- We retain your personal information including details of your stay, preferences, room/accommodation type and amenities used after your stay, and this will not be sold or transferred to any party not involved with your stay with us. We may disclose your personal information to an authorised licensee in connection with the services, including with respect to a reservation your book through us, in connection with offerings of travel related services or to our developers, or to enable an authorised licensee to market and operate the business that its licensed.
- Our business partners and authorized persons representing us.
- Government agencies or regulators to comply with the law or the order of the respective agency
You can file a claim for the exercise of legal rights, and we will process your request as soon as possible, with the fufillment of the request based on the complexity of the request.
This statement may change from time to time, so please check back periodically. By subscription to our newsletter and every time you visit this Website or to use our services, you agree to be bound by this statement at that time in force.
At the time of subscription to our e-newsletter and at other times when using the Website, you may be asked to provide us with personally identifiable information, such as your name and e-mail address. It is necessary for us to collect your information for providing you with the various services and activities offered on this Website. You are not obliged to provide the information but if you fail to provide the requested information, we will not be able to provide you with the services and activities available on this Website. Certain non-personally identifiable information which does not identify you may also be collected when you use this Website, including the type of browser and operating system you use, your IP address, other navigational clickstream data, etc.
We do not knowingly collect or use data relating to children below the age of 16, unless parental consent is provided for any collection and processing of PII in relation to children aged 16 or below. If you sign up for our newsletter on the Website, you confirm that you have reached the age of majority in your country of residence.
From time to time, we may also get data about you from third parties, which you agree to share with us on social networks (such as Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.).
Purpose and Use of Data
We use and process the PII we collected through this Website with lawful justifications, including legal basis such as your prior explicit consent, to comply with a legal obligation, for performance of a contract, or in our legitimate interests as a business (such as in connection with the conducting and developing of our business and marketing activities), but only where such are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights.
We describe below how we plan to use your PII, and upon which of the legal basis we rely to do so. Where appropriate, we also identify our legitimate interests as a business.
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To respond to your inquiry for more information through email to us and to share with you our newsletters, news, updates and reports in response to your inquiries
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to address enquiry from visitors of our Website and to develop our business)
To collect data for identity verification and records and to maintain contact lists for correspondence
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to address enquiry from visitors of our Website)
(c) Your prior explicit consent
To compile aggregate statistics about our users and to analyze site usage
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study the performance of our Website and topics of interest to visitors)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver information to you that we believe you may have interest in, such as targeted banners, new services and products and other promotions and marketing materials
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how visitors use our Website, to grow our business and to customize experiences and preference viewing of the Websites)
To contact you regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of this web site and to respond to your request
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Our legitimate interest in keeping our members updated about our services
We may from time to time send direct marketing materials promoting products and services to Users. Suitable opt-out facilities will be provided during the direct marketing process.
If we add new features or services that might require the sharing of your personal information with an additional advertiser or sponsor, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to opt-out to receiving these offers. We will also get your explicit opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any third-party for marketing purposes.
With your explicit consent, we will send you updates via email about all the latest news and/or offers on our Website. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link provided in any email. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you. You can also contact us directly.
Transfer of Data
Your information will not generally be disclosed or transferred to any other party in a form that would identify you except in the following circumstances:
- If we use third-party suppliers or service providers to facilitate our services, we will have to provide your information to these suppliers or service providers offering such services where you choose to use these services.
- We may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
- We may also disclose or access account information for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our services.
In addition, your information will be accessed by, disclosed or transferred to any person or bodies corporate or division within Andara for legitimate interests to our business for purposes set out above.
As the parties mentioned above may have places of business outside Thailand, your information may be transferred out of Thailand. By subscribing to our Website, you agree to us transferring your information to these parties outside Thailand. These parties adhere to their own privacy customs and policies and your information will be subject to said customs and policies.
Your Legal rights
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information: right of access, rectification, and erasure (right to be forgotten) of your personal information we hold about you, right to object and restrict of processing of personal information, right to withdraw consent and right to data portability, which includes requesting for migration of your personal information in a structured electronic format to a third-party of choice. You may directly contact us if you wish to exercise these rights.
PII collected will be maintained securely in our system. We will only retain such data for as long as it is required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Only authorized staff will be permitted access to such PII, and we shall not release such PII to any external parties except those parties set out in our Personal Information Collection Statement without User’s prior explicit consent.
Third Party Links and Policies
Should you have any queries about our privacy policies, or to exercise any of your rights mentioned herein, please contact us with your query to: Andara Resort & Villas, 15 Moo 6, Kamala Beach, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand, email:[email protected]
Last update: 30 May 2022
You may choose to refuse or delete one or more cookies and still access our Website, but the functionality may be impaired. You may delete cookies from your system after you finish browsing our Website.
Categories of Cookies We Use
We use some cookies which are “strictly necessary cookies” and without them you will not be able to browse through our Website. If you decide to withhold your consent or block these cookies, some aspects of our Website may not work properly, and you may not be able to access the Website in its entirety.
Our Website uses technical cookies, including navigation or session cookies, cookies analytics and functionality cookies, each of which has specific functions.
Managing Cookie Preferences
You may also configure the cookie setting through browsers:
Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=fr&hlrm=enFirefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
We would like to remind you that by changing or disabling certain cookies may affect the functioning of the Website and your browsing experience.
Last update: 30 May 2022